Azores Yoga classes with me are primarily online. Living remotely in the Azores, I have been teaching yoga and meditation this way since 2011. I occasionally offer live classes and workshops in Santa Maria and in Norfolk UK too!
Most of the time I work with people 1-1, including mentoring support for yoga teachers, please see here.
All sessions are offered on a donation basis – please go to my Donations page for more information.
Sundays 10:30-11:30 | Online
Weekly group meetings to explore a variety of meditation practices, share experience and ask questions. As such the sessions normally involve a talk and guided practice by me and discussion.
Join anytime and you can email me to register
Breath-Body-Mind ™ class
Tuesdays 18:30-19:15 | Sundays 09:30-10:15
Online via zoom
Gentle movement, breathing and relaxation classes designed and developed by Dr. Richard Brown and Dr. Patricia Gerbarg to enhance physical and mental health. Most importantly the core practice is Coherent or Resonant breathing which is evidenced through studies around the world to restore optimal functioning of our bodies, hearts and minds. I am a level-3 certified teacher. If you would like to learn more please visit the Breath-Body-Mind website.
Suitable for new and experienced practitioners.
Live group classes and workshops in Santa Maria, Azores.
A 7 week Yoga & Meditation course
Exploring our how & why of practice.
This course will be mainly practical, with some theory and discussion.
In each 90 minute session, there will be a 15 minute introductory talk & discussion and then 1 hour of guided yoga asana (flowing and held postures) practice. 15 minutes will be devoted to the theory and practice of meditation. Some of the content we will cover:
- exploring context – yoga & meditation are big subjects, I will give a broad overview of some of the origins and types of practices. Also looking at the context of society, culture and how that shapes our view. The main question will be “where are you coming from?”.
- With some sense of where we are coming from, we can begin to explore the question of “why practice?” I will share my own motivations and intentions and how they have shifted over the years, but the emphasis will be on your own enquiry.
- Foundations of movement – unpacking some foundational principles of yoga postures and transitional movements in vinyasa and hatha yoga.
- The centrality of breath in practice.
- Exploring postures of meditation – sitting, lying, standing and walking.
- An emphasis on cultivating enjoyment and play in practice.
Next classes: 29 September, 6 October, 13 October, 20 October.
As a yoga teacher Mandy is a safe pair of hands. She delivers her practice with thoughtfulness and intelligence. Her yoga is ever evolving and feels “alive” and always relevant. That is to say, in our ever challenging and uncertain world, she provides grounding practices that help to navigate these complexities and to hold true to core values.
Over the years that I have worked with Mandy, whether in a class, 1-1 or zoom yoga nidra, I ALWAYS feel the benefits. Without fail she offers up her work in the spirit of generosity , curiosity and fun. And this helps to keep me engaged in my own practice with the same spiritMaya, England